Why Join JESPA?
Four thousand Education Support Professionals form the front line of health, safety, and success for all Jeffco Students. We make up JESPA, the Jeffco Education Support Professionals Association. We are comprised of 8 local unions representing all Education Support Professionals.
What does membership in JESPA do for me?
As an Education Support Professional, you can join an association that helps you advocate for the best working conditions, professional development opportunities. By belonging to JESPA, you are standing up for great public schools for all students.
Active Members of JESPA:
- Attend meetings and events
- Communicate with their elected officers
- Volunteer on JESPA projects
- Organize their coworkers
- Ask co-
workers to join
- Help find new leaders to get active
- A voice and a vote in the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- The right to vote on representatives or run for union offices like building rep.
- Grievance Representation
- Member only discounts at www.neamb.com
- $1,000,000 liability insurance if sued on the job
- Complimentary life insurance
- Attorney Referral Discounts
- Training, Professionals Development, Newsletters and Educational information
- A voice on the job!
- Stand up for all students and hold district administration and elected officials accountable.
- Ensure that ESPs in Jeffco remain qualified, certified, and highly skilled.
- Stand up for better student learning conditions and better working conditions.
- Work towards better professional growth and training opportunities as well as professional pay and benefits so that we recruit and retain the best ESPs.
- Uphold the JESPA Collective Bargaining Agreement which has been in place since 1972.