JESPA Collective Bargaining Agreement
Collective Bargaining Agreement 2019-2025
On May 30, 2019 we reached a Tentative Agreement with the district on our JESPA Negotiated Agreement. The JESPA membership voted on the TA on June 4th and successfully ratified the agreement. The Jeffco Board of Education voted to approve the agreement as well.
We have been working all year, and are proud of the collective work we have done to achieve our next 6-year agreement!
Here is the Collective Bargaining Agreement, including the Compensation Agreement. The final draft of the agreement will include updated salary schedules that are in the process of being finalized.
Thank you to every member for your participation and engagement throughout this process. In unity there is strength!
Here are some highlights of what we have achieved:
- A 6-year Agreement with the ability to bring 2 new proposals each year in addition to pay
- Further defining “Just Cause” and improving due process language, which protects us from being at-will employees
- Protections around outsourcing of jobs to private companies
- Improved anti-discrimination language to include gender identity
- Improved grievance process and included employee input into performance plans
- Access to orientations and trainings
- Restored rights to payroll deduction of membership dues
- Improved job bid process
- Improved language for excused absences
- Clarified that evaluations should be completed annually
And finally – our compensation agreement for 2019-2020:
|Increase to base pay for all employees||2.52%|
|Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA):||1.5% +1% from JCEA Negotiations(not yet ratified) = 2.5%|
|Step movement (if eligible to move a step):||3.5% average|
- Removal of Step 1 to increase starting pay to attract staff and reduce shortage.
- The Additional 1% COLA will be awarded if both the JCEA membership and the school board ratify the JCEA Agreement which would make the total raise:
Total raise if not step-eligible: 5.02% increase
Total raise if step-eligible: 8.52% average
Our members ratified the agreement on June 4, 2019. This goes into effect on September 1st.
We are the only organization that advocates and negotiates for Education Support Professionals in Jeffco. Support our work and join if you are not a member!
The JESPA Negotiations Team
Tony Babauta, Negotiations Chair and Jeffco Support Services Association (JCSSA)
Lara Center, JESPA President/Jeffco Association of Paraprofessionals (JCAP)
Nancy McCanless, Jeffco Association of Educational and Office Professionals (JCAEOP)
Judy Grounds, Jeffco Support Services Association (JCSSA)
Monte Hollander, Jeffco Transportation Association (JCTA)
Tim Allport, Jeffco Security Association (JCSA)
Art Castro, Jeffco Support Services Association (JCSSA)
Sharleen Farmer, JESPA Executive Director