JESPA is currently bargaining for steps, COLA, hazard pay, and guaranteed no layoffs amid the COVID pandemic. Despite the district previously proposing no layoffs for essential workers, they came to the bargaining table last night with a proposal that creates a loophole and would allow them to do just that. See their previous proposal here. The JESPA bargaining team found the district’s proposal to be unacceptable and intends to hold strong at the next bargaining session coming soon.
Three important highlights stood out:
- No steps or COLA offered to ESPs
- The district doesn’t recognize a need for hazard pay because they believe they are following all COVID safety protocols and there is no increased danger
- The district proposed a loophole that would allow them to go back on their previous promise of no layoffs or furloughs for ESPs.
- filling out our new bargaining survey
- joining the JESPA bargaining team at a town hall (date/time coming soon)
We are stronger when we all work together for change. Click here to join us in JESPA.
Click here to watch the August 4th bargaining session (starting at 3:20:54 for details on the proposal)